Saturday, January 7, 2012

Aunt Leanne and the Blue Robe Incident

Guess who stopped by yesterday!
Mama Hop and Aunt Leanne stopped in "on their way" to participate in the time trials for the Special Olympics Winter Games.  "On their way" is in quotes because stopping by our house requires crossing over into another state while traveling from point A to point B within the same state.  Only Mama Hop can rationalize a trip to see her grand kids so convincingly. 
Of course I took the trademark photos of Leanne showering her nieces with love and attention...

...but in addition to the standard get together, we had a little gift exchange.  To truly appreciate this story, I must rewind a bit to last weekend:

Mindi, a loyal blog follower, believes she spots Aunt Leanne at her local Kohl's store.  I call my mom to confirm that the sighting was indeed, the real Aunt Leanne, in the flesh.  Sure enough, Mama Hop and Aunt Leanne had been at Kohl's that day buying Leanne a new bathrobe.  Hey Mindi, next time you spot Aunt Leanne out on the town, approach her and request an autograph - you may be able to help diffuse a heated argument that goes a little something like this:

Leanne: No, I don't like that blue robe.  I want a GREEN one!
Mama Hop: Leanne, they don't have a green one.  You're going to have to settle for the blue one.
Leanne: No I won't!  I'm going to keep wearing my old red one!
Mama Hop: You cannot wear that old red one anymore!  It's so old and tattered, you leave a trail of red lint everywhere you go!
Leanne: I don't care.  I'm wearing the red one.
Mama Hop: No you won't; I'm throwing it away!
Leanne: No way!  I'm going to hide it. (self talk: In sister's closet!  Yeah!)
Mama Hop: No Leanne, we're getting this blue robe and you're going to wear it.
Leanne: No I'm not.  I'm going to give the blue robe to the poor.  Mom, who's poor in our family?
Mama Hop: Leanne!  No one is poor in our family; YOU'RE KEEPING THE BLUE ROBE!

I always find these types of exchanges particularly humorous because Leanne is so stubborn and my mom gets so worked up!  So I decided to ask Leanne to tell the story, in her own words, for Mindi and the other Aunt Leanne fans out there. 

WARNING: This video may not be suitable for young children.  Parental discretion is advised.

Well, I hated to see Leanne so *ahem* angry.  So being the good sister that I am, I sought out a resolution:
While this robe isn't exactly green, Leanne found the aqua hue far less offensive than that hideous blue robe my mom purchased at Kohl's last weekend, and everyone lived happily ever after.

The End

17 comments:

  1. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I'm giving that robe to the poor. Who in our family is poor?
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

    I must do whatever I can to ensure that video goes viral.

    Love, love me some Leanne 'tude on a Saturday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS! I adore her! I think my brother needs to meet her he would be in LOVE! He's a huge fan of feisty blondes like his sister!

    Brooke
    www.TheAnnessaFamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAA!OMG Leanee, you are too funny! I'm so glad that you got your "green" robe:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the laugh today :) Please tell your Mom for me that I think she did a wonderful job raising you two girls! I know your 2 girls will turn out just as wonderfully!
    Thanks!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness that is classic. Love it! You tell them Leanne!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I love Aunt Leanne! So glad I got to have a "fix"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is hilarious!! Leanne definitely knows what she likes and doesn't like :) I totally agree with her though, a robe should match your room so she should have a green robe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok...so in the last two weeks, Sarah has been voicing her opinion of the clothes I've picked out and after seeing Leaanne my mind flashed forward to twenty years from now and I'll still be fighting with her on clothes.

    I laughed so hard that I called Andy into the room to listen and he cracked up.

    Happy Saturday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is her best video yet! She is so funny! Glad she got a robe she is happier with!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am just another random blog follower but I must tell you, out of all the special needs blogs I follow (A LOT), yours is one of my favorites. You and Leanne (and Josie and of course baby Meryn) are so funny, I laugh out loud watching each video!
    Keep the posts coming and Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fiesty!! I will admit, she does look good in the teal robe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGoodness. Aunt Leanne is hilarious..."Who's poor in our family?" Oh. My. Goodness!!!! So glad the hideous blue robe incident was resolved. You are, indeed, a good sister. AWESOME post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally love this. She IS feisty! And that she was going to give the blue robe to the poor...dude, I about died laughing. She is one funny lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's my new favorite!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that was wonderful, but the ending of the video was fantastic! I am glad the robe incident was resolved and everyone lived happily ever after. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I very randomly found this blog as I searched for images of "aunt quotes" for a sign. Because I have a 32 year old sister with DS, I clicked on the picture. The pic of her hugging the little blonde made me cry....happy tears, and then the robe video made me laugh out loud! So funny and so like my sister! So happy to have found your blog and will now be following! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete